Life changes when you go on a solo trip. It is truly one of the most rewarding experiences life can attain. It’s just you and a completely new place to discover. When one travels alone, you get to explore and learn so much about yourself and the world. There’s a reason why I believe everyone should take a solo trip at least once in their life. And if you’re planning on a solo trip, and are confused where to start, let me serve you the starters.
- Hungary: Talking specifically about Budapest, this is definitely going to be your absolute favorite. Considered as one of the largest cities in the European Union, it is a complete package. From the open-air baths to the musical fountain, a trip to Budapest will most likely change your life. It may be a little expensive but if you have some contacts around bookings, you might end up cracking a decent deal.
- Spain: I’d definitely recommend Spain for the start. It isn’t really an offbeat destination but is still a country that needs to be experienced. And I believe everyone who has visited Spain knows exactly what I’m talking about. You should stay in the hostels as it has some of the best in the world. With amazing beaches, historic sites and a crazy nightlife, it’s got everything you’re ever going to want from a more commercial solo trip.
- Japan: So, this is one of those places which is quite expensive. So if your budget is tight, you might not be able to enjoy the place as much as you would want. Apart from that, the country is one of those countries that have the most hospitable and friendly places for outsiders, and especially the solo travelers. Talking about the culture, it has a rich culture with its history that will surely charm you on its way. From hiking to bird watching, anything you want to do, Japan has it! Probably the most impressive part about it is the balance between technology and tradition.
- Ireland: This one’s for the nature lovers. If you need to take a brake and slow things down, this is “the destination” for you. The country is fully dipped in a rich history and surrounded by beauty that will make you feel like you’re in some fairytale. There are beautiful sights to see and the people there are one of the easiest to get along with. The hostels and other accommodations are also super pretty and cozy. When you’re in Ireland, it’s as if all your worries have disappeared and you will truly feel rejuvenated.
- Croatia: Now this is one of those offbeat destinations that’ll make every penny that you spent worth your time. It is still considered commercial and has a lot to offer when it comes to exploring. Dubrovnik, a city in this beautiful country is the perfect example of the kind of hidden gem Croatia is. This historic walled city juts out into the deep blue waters of the Adriatic and will leave you almost hypnotized with charm.
- Jordan: This country is an experience of a lifetime. From floating in the Dead Sea to exploring the ruins and exploring the ancient cities, the country has it all. It’s like an adventure of a lifetime that you never really knew you were missing, till you got there. It is an offbeat destination which is still commercial.