By now, I’m sure all of us know that eating right is important for achieving weight loss goals. But how you eat also plays an important role in achieving your desired goal. Here are some of the basics that one has forgotten. Brush it up!
- Take small bites, and thoroughly chew your food before reaching for another forkful.
- When you plan to eat, set a timer for 20 minutes. Take the entire 20 minutes to eat the meal, focusing on each bite so you don’t wolf it all down in five minutes.
- Eat silently for five minutes, thinking about what it took to produce that meal—everything from the sun’s rays to the farmer’s work, getting it from the grocery store and finally cooking the meal.
- Try eating with your non-dominant hand. This won’t feel as natural, forcing you to slow down and be more conscious about your food.
- Before opening the fridge or cabinet, take a breath and ask yourself, “Am I really hungry?” You can even do something else first, like reading, drinking water, or going on a short walk, to help you figure out the real answer.