Paani puri, also known gol gappas, puchkas or gup shup, is uncrowned street snack of India. Despite the glut of western and Chinese fast food, paani puri beats them hallow.
- You know the best paani puri walas in the city. And all of them know you.
- In spite of knowing that too many paani puris will just upset your stomach, you don’t stop eating them.
- After you are done, you never throw away the imli paani. You just gulp it down.
- You never bother about hygiene when it comes to paani puri.
- You can eat as many paani puris as long as they don’t run out of stock.
- You go out on an errand and you end up at a paani puri stall. Always.
- You have tried making paani puri at home but it never tastes as good as the roadside ones